Not all tanning lotions are created equally – while some contain ingredients that help moisturize and hydrate the skin, others are specifically formulated with ingredients that promote oxygenation and promote the production of melanin in the body. The Designer Skin New Adore Black Label Bronzer Lotion is part of the first group (no tingle), as it contains dopa, melanin bronzer and a complex of unique conditioning ingredients that can evenly tan your skin while ensuring it of a smooth, luxurious feel.
If you’re interested in purchasing a tanning lotion that does provide results, then you will want to check out our review of the Designer Skin New Adore Black Label Bronzer Lotion below.
- Dopa – Probably the most notable ingredient on the list, dopa is a melanin precursor, which supports healthy production of melanin in the body, speeding up the tanning process at the same time.
- MelanINK Bronzer – MelanINK Bronzer is a natural form of melanin that helps enhance skin pigment, which in turn causes the skin to get darker with every application. This ingredient offers instant streak-free color with a beautiful matte finish and no blotches that might ruin your sun-kissed look.
- Silicone Emulsion – The silicones contained in the Adore black label bronzer lotion provide maximum hydration of the skin, as well as a high level of protection against tanning beds damage. At the same time, the silicone emulsion of the product also imparts skin with a velvety finish that leaves skin looking just as good as it feels.
By combining the above ingredients, the Adore black label bronzer becomes a lotion that can activate your body’s full tanning potential, offering an even tan, streak-free color, and a deep natural and airbrushed look of perfection. And hey, who can possibly resist a nicely tanned skin that looks perfectly natural?
How to Use It?
Using tanning lotions in general is usually difficult, especially if we think of the steps that you need to go through to achieve that sun-kissed look. Due to its more potent formulation, the Adore black tanning lotion may not be the best choice for beginners or women who want to get a base tan. Skin tends to get significantly darker from the first use, not to mention that knowing how to properly apply tanning lotion to avoid blotchy areas and streaks.
- Exfoliate your skin – Before you use this designer skin Adore lotion, it’s important to exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells and dirt from your pores. Choose a mild exfoliant, preferably one that contains at least one ingredient with highly potent moisturizing properties (e.g. honey, olive oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, etc.)
- Apply sunscreen – The Adore Lotion doesn’t provide UV protection, so you stand a better chance at burning instead of tanning your skin. Apply a sunscreen with a SPF of 30+ to ensure that your skin will be evenly tanning, and also to reduce damage caused by tanning beds.
- Apply the lotion – Put on latex gloves before you start applying this lotion, so that your palms will not soak up the color that’s meant for your body. It’s important that your skin isn’t oily from the sunscreen, otherwise you risk ruining the entire process. Apply a small amount of the lotion and start spreading it on with uniform swipes in all directions. Knees and elbows are very dry areas of your skin that naturally absorb more products, so make sure to dilute the lotion with moisturizer. Ask a friend to apply it to your back, or use a back applicator to do the job yourself.
- Tone Down Streaks – If there are any streaks left after using the Designer Skin Adore Lotion, don’t panic. You can tone them down by taking a quick shower or by adding a cup of milk to your bath, as lactic acid helps take down the color. If there are any blotches, use a wet wipe to gently remove excess product. Rub a pea-sized amount of lotion between your palms to ensure that they aren’t completely pale.
Scent: Sweet Vanilla Musk
If there is one particular aspect that turns the Designer Adore into a great tanning lotion is the scent it bears: sweet vanilla musk. The scent is clear and fresh, not too sweet, although using more products may result in the smell becoming more noticeable. However, the lotion won’t leave any smell behind, which is desirable since you are going to use the tanning beds. Interestingly, the smell seems to really cling onto your skin once you apply this tanning lotion, so your body will naturally smell of sweet vanilla, and very slightly of musk.
Potent Moisturizing Effects
Another factor that makes this Designer Skin tanning lotion stand out is the quality of the ingredients that have been used prior to formulating it. The product packs a number of ingredients that are highly moisturizing, providing your skin just the right amount of hydration to reduce damaged caused by indoor tanning, and also to give you an even tan. The consistency is non-greasy, but this doesn’t prevent the lotion to make skin retain moisture wonderfully. This will be great if your skin tends to be really dry, as the lotion will offer it the conditioning that it needs to tan evenly and look great.
- Formulated with ingredients that promote fast tanning and provide a high level of moisture to the skin
- Non-greasy consistency ensures that the product will be quickly absorbed into your skin
- Contains a natural form of melanin that speeds up the tanning process
- Provides durable results – tan lasts for 3-4 days before starting to fade away
- Has a subtle sweet vanilla musk scent that’s very fresh
- Makes skin softer and smooth, and gives it a matte finish
- No tingle lotion means slow tanning that doesn’t look completely natural
- Not currently determined whether the lotion makes tattoos fade
- No sunscreen: follow the instructions above to correctly apply the lotion, making sure to rub some sunscreen into your skin too
- A little expensive comparing with the other lotions
It’s no doubt that the Designer Skin New Adore Black Label Bronzer Lotion is one of the best indoor tanning lotions on the market. There are a couple of shortcomings that might make the lotion inappropriate for some users, this product works amazingly for the rest, providing a flawless sunless tan that can make any woman look her best. And since the lotion is so great, it’s no doubt that it’s on the high end of the price spectrum!
» Click here to buy the Adore Black tanning lotion on Amazon where you’ll find lots of user reviews.